Friday 10 August 2012

Baby boom 242 days to go!

Everywhere I look it seems people are having babies, I am happy to say I am now one of them!! Last Friday I took a home test as I my period was late and since we had decided to try for a family after the wedding I was hopeful. The test came up positive but I did another one the next morning as well just in case - that was positive tpo! We've decided not to tell too many people, until the 12 week scan. I just want to be cautious until we know everything is ok, but want the support of my close family incase something does go wrong. Fingers crossed it won't be.

Last night we told my sister and hubby's brother. We decided to meet for dinner and I had to be careful about ordering a drink as I thought my sister would instantly twig. She didn't. I made an excuse about having a headache and when she said I should try her cider I pretended to take a sip and made a look of disgust - she was none the wiser still. I took a picture on my phone of the two tests I'd taken with the words 'Pregnant' on them and showed it to my sister - it took a few seconds for her to realise what it meant! She was thrilled and gave me and hubby a big hug. Hubby's brother did the same and also congratulated us. 

After dinner we all went back to our house and skyped my mum. I e-mailed her the picture too and while we were chatting said I needed her opinion on an e-mail I had sent and could she look at it while we were on skype. After she read the words 'pregnant' she said, "Are you pregnant?" when I said yes she kept saying "OMG!" It was really funny, at least she was excited - I told her she better pack up her things and get here before baby arrives! She asked if she could tell her friends but I've asked her to wait until the scan, although I did say she could tell one friend who is not on facebook and won't be likely to spill the beans!

I am supposed to 5 weeks pregnant if you go by the date of your last period, which is how you are meant to calculate your due date, but in reality I think I'm 3 weeks - we'll see what the midwife says in a few weeks when I see her. 

I don't really feel like I'm pregnant apart from the fact that I feel queasy quite often and am quite bloated most of the time. I also have little cramps every now and again so it feels like something must behappening inside me! I've also been feeling really tired in the evenings, the Monday before I did the test I couldn't understand why but it all makes sense now. Apparently the 1st trimester is the worst in terms of being tired and morning sickness.

Right now I am just trying to eat healthily, just the thought of chocolate makes me feel slightly ill! I've cut out alcohol and caffiene - the last time I had coffee I got such a bad headache, but since I've found out I've been drinking decaf.

I want to try and exercise regularly, probably just swimming but I may look into yoga classes in my area that are aimed at pregnant ladies. 

My hubby is convinced that I'm going to have twins - I am horrified at the thought and keep telling him he is wrong! My mum sent me this picture in an e-mail to me  today...

I guess she assumes our kid will look like this as we've both got blue eyes. I sent her a mail back saying I'm glad there is only one.... so she replied with 4 pictures - cow!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment