Thursday 30 September 2010

Happy days!

I am in quite a good mood today. It's Thursday and nearly the weekend - just this thought makes me happy. The fact that it's my birthday on Sunday makes me smile even more! CJ has booked lunch at a restaurant somewhere and invited some people. I don't know who and i don't know where but i've been told to be ready at 11:30 Sunday morning - how exciting! Although I'm not very excited for another birthday to be honest, it's depressing getting old, especially now that i've left my 20's. Aren't you meant to work backwards when you hit 30??






This is the bag i would LOVE for my birthday - but it's a crazy £150 and i can't justify spending that amount on something which may only last a year... could you?










Our landlord finally got our windows replaced yesterday, so we now have double glazing. It really does make a difference, the cold doesn't come in so much at night. I was seriously considering turning on the heating on Sunday but may be able to hold off a little longer now. At least when it is on though, it won't all escape out the windows, especially since all the radiators are right under the windows. Why is it that most radiators are under a window, i guess it looks better but unless you have double glazing seems pointless!
I was quite impressed by the company who put the windows in. They made minimal mess and apart from the smell of the glue, you wouldn't know that they'd just been put in. Oh and apart from the fact that all our furniture was in the middle of the room! The next venture - though i don't think it's going to be as painless - is going to be when the landlord replaces the boiler and all the radiators in two wks time. I don't have much faith in his abilities from work that i've seen him do sorry to say, so his estimated 3 days i'm sure is going to take a lot longer. He's switching our water off for a day and night only - so he says. Needless to say i'm not looking forward to it at all! Well i guess there's no point worry about it until the day arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment