Wednesday 16 February 2011

Good news/ bad news

Last night i worked my second last shift at the pub. They are closing their doors on Saturday - business has been bad and there is no money. It's a bit short notice although we were told a few months ago the plan was to sell, but things have obviously gotten worse and now it's drastic measures. I think the manager knew we were closing the doors a lot sooner than the all staff did. He has been slacking off lately,not ordering stock and generally not putting much effort into running the place. It's a bit sad, i don't know if the regulars have been told yet but i'm sure it will be a bit of a shock to some.

I feel a little relieved really, to have a bit of time off now. I may look for another job in a few weeks but i think i will use this time to work on some more designs and get a few more bags in my shop. I can also work on some bags to put in my friend's farm stall and see if they generate any interest.

The guy who asked me to make a bag for his girlfriend for valentine's day gave me some feedback on it yesterday. He came over and gave me a big kiss on the cheek! Apparently the girlfriend loved the bag, especially the fact that it had been handmade just for her. He was kept on raving about it! What a great response!
'UA-21014629-2'

No comments:

Post a Comment