Wednesday, 29 June 2011

Cats - they are funny things

On Saturday after a long day at work I lay down on the couch watching telly. My cat decided to come and curl up behind my knees with his head resting on the side of my leg. It doesn't look the most comfortable position for him but he looks quite happy!

This morning as i was putting my swimming costume into my gym back, he started acting weird and was trying to get himself as close to my costume as possible, almost in my bag. I had to pick him up to get him to move as he would not budge. It's not the first time i've noticed him snuggling up to my costume. After a brief google i found that a lot of cats are attracted to chlorine or bleach in the same way they are to catnip. I also found this little website with loads of interesting cat facts. One of them being that when a cat puts his face up to yours it is a sign of affection. I always kiss my cats on their heads and Marley always nuzzles up to me when i do, it's so cute!
Another interesting fact I found from this site .'A white cat's hearing has a lot to do with its eye colour. While white cats with orange eyes are generally fine, a large majority of white cats with blue eyes are deaf. Cats with only one blue eye are deaf in the ear closest to it.'

'Only 40 per cent of cats are ambidextrous while the remaining 60 per cent favour either their left or right paws.' I would never have thought, I must pay more attention to my cats and see if they're lefties or righties!Hopefully lefties like their mum!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, your cat is so cute. I've given you a lovely blog award if you want to check it out.