Sunday 15 April 2012

Post box

If you've had a look at our wedding invites you may have realised we have an airmail theme going.
We are having a party back in the UK for those people who couldn't attend the wedding in Cyprus. I wanted to have something to put the cards in so they will be safe and out of the way. I saw these post boxes which you can rent from here
They are not too cheap to hire so I thought we could do a cheaper more DIY version. I have asked H2B to knock up one made of wood. It won't be round of course but I think painted red, with a cut-out for the envelopes it will look quite good, this is progress so far....


and no we didn't shut naughty Marley in the box, he will climb into any box or plastic bag he finds! I will upload more pics as it progresses, I still think it may be a little tall but I already had to ask H2b to remake one as it was HUGE so I can't really ask him to make it again... can I?

For our guestbook I wanted to have a holder for pens as they will just go missing or roll of the table otherwise. I made this out of a jar and paper mache. I still need to gloss it and finish the front piece with some writing. You can just make out a pen sticking out the top so it may look huge but it is just sitting on the kitchen counter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment