Tuesday 17 January 2012

More wedding plans

I'm still waiting impatiently for my shoes to arrive! Supposedly they were with the courier yesterday morning so hopefully I will get them this afternoon......


I ordered some place cards from breast cancer care (which you can purchase here), they come with little pins, either ribbons, hearts or butterflies. I thought it would be a nice touch in rememberance of H2B's mum who passed away from breast cancer.


I've been trying to decide on a cake topper. I really don't want to pay a fortune for something that I could make myself - and what happens if the figure looks nothing like you when it arrives, I'd be so annoyed! So I purchased myself some little wooden figures that I was going to paint to look like myself and H2B. They look something like this:


But in the end I decided to get my fimo out and see what I could come up with. I will post pics when I have finished them, but I am quite happy with how they turned out. Originally I wanted to use fabric for the outfits but couldnt' find a sample of suit material and because the figures are quite small it was going to be very time consuming and tricky. I used acrylic paint instead and will add a few touches like fabric for my veil and some scrapbook-type flowers for the button hole. H2B insisted I make him with a goatee as I was going to leave him clean shaven, but it looks quite cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment