Tuesday 22 March 2011

Are you original?

One of the blogs I enjoy looking at is 'Print and Pattern' which you can take a look at here. It has so many examples of different designs and prints, I find them really inspiring. A lot of the designs have similar themes, I've noticed owls are commonly used as well as fruit and veg. One designer that I do like who is often mentioned, is Orla Kiely. Her designs are quite bold and distinct. I've noticed a few of her designs in the shops lately on everyday products, such as water bottles. Every now and again I come across a design quite similar to hers, yet slightly different. It is really hard to be original.  How do you make sure your designs are your own and not something you've seen before but have adapted. Is it really your design in the end?

No comments:

Post a Comment